Monday, June 6, 2011

First day

I moved in to C--'s house in the suburbs late this morning. C-- sings at church with me; she's out of state on family business for three to four weeks, and wants her dog and home taken care of while gone. No one much needs my grad student apartment during June, so I am selected.
My two cats have come along; in fact, they moved in as long ago as Thursday, though I couldn't be here yet. By now Bonnie has learned  how to stay totally out of the beagle puppy Naia's way by remaining in the basement, and Naia and Bonnie's brother Finch have at least wrapped their minds around each other's existence. There's an uneasy toleration. The three animals all want my attention whenever they can grab it -- the attention is getting spread a bit thin!
I've never lived with a dog for more than about four days, but C-- has left many helpful instructions. I've mostly gotten used to the instructions. With their help I've even been able to find a little time for settling in myself, washing all the clothes that I brought over dirty, making trips for stuff I forgot, and lunch out followed by exploration of the neighborhood with J-- J--, our fellow chorister who held the place between C--'s departure and my arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment