Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Second day, morning

I awoke at 6:30 but didn't arise till as late as 7:00. That's still earlier than I've consistently managed, and should be how I operate for the rest of the month that sees me here. By 8:00 I'd fed the dog breakfast, showered, dressed, prayed, and made some tea for the morning.

The dog and I took a twenty-minute walk in the neighborhood to the north of the house. We were getting along nicely. I brought the dog back home and went into the center of town for a bagel, which I'd brought back and eaten by 9:00. The dog stayed in the yard during my breakfast.

When she came back in, she got hold of the paper bag my bagel was wrapped in, and took it into the living room to tear it up and eat it. I took it away in pieces as I could get them. Since then, she's been much more anxious. Either she just doesn't understand what happened to the bag of trash, or she thinks she's upset me somehow. 

After I put the dishes away from the dishwasher I'm quite excited to use while here, it was a great deal of effort to convince and conduct her into the kitchen and sunroom, where she's allowed to stay while no one's home, in order to make my initial grocery run for the week. She also found a way to bust into the basement, where she isn't allowed at any time, for the second time in as many days.

I hope I'm treating her in ways she understands and accepts, but wonder if I'm confusing or upsetting her now and again just by not being familiar with the way things are done in this home.

No comments:

Post a Comment